Brecon Welcomes Six Nations Trophy

It was no normal Monday for part-time Brecon Beacons College student Joseph Palmer, as the Six Nations Trophy and Triple Crown came to Brecon.

The year 11 pupil from Brecon High studies motor vehicle at the College as a part of his GCSE’S – a link that runs with both the school and the College, allowing students to widen their skills in vocational courses.

Joseph was lucky enough to be selected as a Welsh ball boy after helping out at Brecon RFC finals day. Palmer attends all the Welsh home games and explains: “The atmosphere at the stadium is amazing, I get the best seat in the house.”

The student has always had a passion for rallying, with the motor vehicle course being a great way for him to learn more about his hobby as he is able to learn new skills such as servicing cars, changing brake pipes and many more.

From the course, Joseph says: “I have gained so much knowledge from this course, I can bring the skills I learn into my everyday life, it’s a passion I have.”

For more information on our Full and Part-time course contact: 01686 614410 or pop into our College to learn more.