Information for New Students Studying University Level Courses at NPTC Group of Colleges
How to Enrol
You will be able to enrol remotely onto your course from the comfort of your own home. Advice and guidance will be available if you experience any problems, have questions or need support during the enrolment process. On this page, we’ve also compiled answers to frequently asked questions to help guide you through the enrolment process.
When do I enrol?
New students will receive an email from the College providing a date and time to enrol online.
- You will be invited to log into our Student Hub to enrol. This will involve checking and updating information such as personal details, uploading any evidence that may be required, for example, if we have asked you to provide proof of existing qualifications or to complete identity checks and also uploading a photo so that we can make your student ID card for you to collect when you come into college.
- You will also be able to upload proof of how you intend to pay for tuition fees. This could be a letter of confirmation from Student Finance Wales showing that you have applied for a student loan, or a letter from your employer if they are sponsoring you. If you intend to pay for the fees yourself, you’ll be able to let us know during the enrolment process so that we can contact you to arrange this.
- You will also be asked to agree to our data privacy and fees statements.
- Advice and guidance is available during the enrolment process. You can contact us via the enquiry form if you have any questions for us before enrolment is open.
You will be able to upload a range of documents to the evidence upload screen, and this will depend in part on what we may have asked you for as a condition of your offer.
New students must provide:
- Proof of identity documents
- Student loan confirmation letter/employer sponsorship letter if available at time of online enrolment
New students may be asked to provide:
- Transcripts/certificates of previous qualifications
- The college is required to ask for proof of identity to confirm your right to study. You will be asked to upload a scanned image of your passport or a copy of your birth certificate and a valid photo ID such as a driving licence or Proof of Age Standards Scheme Card (available from www.validateuk.co.uk).
- If you do not have the required documents please email email@example.com or fill out our enquiry form for further advice.
Uploading a photo for your ID Card
You will be asked to upload a photo during the enrolment process so that we can have an ID card ready for you when you arrive on campus. For the photo to be accepted it will need to be:
- A recent headshot of you facing forward and looking straight at the camera
- Your eyes must be open and visible (please do not wear sunglasses or tinted glasses)
- Your full head without any covering (unless worn for religious or medical reasons)
- You on your own with no other people visible in the photo
- Be in colour, not black and white, and with no filters applied
If you have missed the enrolment slot allocated to you on your invitation to enrol email we ask that you enrol online as soon as possible. Please note that any delay in enrolling may lead to delays with student finance payments.
Change of Plans?
If you would like to talk to us about changing your course or deferring to the next available start date please contact Admissions via firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that requests for deferral are subject to agreement with the awarding partner for the programme and are not automatically granted.