The College is closely monitoring the spread of Coronavirus (COVID-19), which presents with flu-like symptoms including a fever, cough or breathing difficulty. The wellbeing of our students and staff is of the utmost importance.
On Monday 23 March 2020 we witnessed an unprecedented public address to our country regarding COVID-19. The statement outlined the latest steps taken to fight the disease and what we can all do to help.
The new measures include:
- All gatherings of more than two people in public are forbidden – meaning a ban on all social events, including weddings and baptisms.
- Tens of thousands of non-essential shops are ordered to close.
- Communal play and exercise areas inside parks will also be shut down, but not parks themselves.
- Places of worship such as churches and mosques must also shut, except to host funerals.
- Travel on roads, trains and buses are also banned unless it’s essential to get to work.
All people in Britain will only be allowed to leave home from now onwards for four reasons:
- Travel to work.
- Shopping for basic necessities, but as infrequently as possible.
- Taking one form of exercise a day, alone or with members of your household, such as walking, running or cycling.
- Going to a medical appointment or providing care to a vulnerable person.
There are a number of changes that the College is making, as follows:
All college buildings (excluding Lilliput Day Nursery) will close by 4pm on Tuesday 24 March.
Student services will be closing down reception tomorrow and transferring the telephone systems externally. These have already been tested and anyone ringing the College will not see any major difference.
Remote working and online learning will continue and feedback about student engagement has been positive, We are not yet completely sure about exactly how grades will be awarded, but be assured that staff continue and will really help all of our students progress. We will continue to provide updates.
We have set up a dedicated helpline for students and parents: 01639 648000.
Lilliput Day Nursery
Lilliput Day Nursery at Neath College remains open. For queries, please contact them directly on 01639 648039.
What actions is the College taking?
We will continue to take guidance from the Government and will base any decisions on their advice. You can find the latest information and advice on coronavirus on the Public Health Wales website and the latest guidance for educational settings on the GOV.UK website.
We have taken the decision to postpone our planned HE Open Evenings on the 6th and 7th May. New dates will be confirmed and published at https://www.nptcgroup.ac.uk/he-open-evening.
Our planned general Open Evenings on the 24th and 25th June are scheduled to go ahead. Updates will be published at https://www.nptcgroup.ac.uk/open-evenings.
Graduation, scheduled for the 9th July 2020, has been postponed. A new date will be confirmed and published at https://www.nptcgroup.ac.uk/graduation.