The College is closely monitoring the spread of Coronavirus (COVID-19), which presents with flu-like symptoms including a fever, cough or breathing difficulty. The wellbeing of our students and staff is of the utmost importance.
On Monday 23 March 2020 we witnessed an unprecedented public address to our country regarding COVID-19. The statement outlined the latest steps taken to fight the disease and what we can all do to help.
The new measures include:
- All gatherings of more than two people in public are forbidden – meaning a ban on all social events, including weddings and baptisms.
- Tens of thousands of non-essential shops are ordered to close.
- Communal play and exercise areas inside parks will also be shut down, but not parks themselves.
- Places of worship such as churches and mosques must also shut, except to host funerals.
- Travel on roads, trains and buses are also banned unless it’s essential to get to work.
All people in Britain will only be allowed to leave home from now onwards for four reasons:
- Travel to work.
- Shopping for basic necessities, but as infrequently as possible.
- Taking one form of exercise a day, alone or with members of your household, such as walking, running or cycling.
- Going to a medical appointment or providing care to a vulnerable person.
We have now moved to online learning. Please click on the relevant option below (Student, Applicant, Parent/Guardian) to see our latest information and advice.
We have set up a dedicated helpline for students and parents: 01639 648000.
Lilliput Day Nursery
Lilliput Day Nursery remains open and continues to provide an excellent, high-quality childcare provision for critical workers and vulnerable children.
The Nursery team will continue to serve our community and welcome new families during this unprecedented time.
We would like to reassure critical workers that we have childcare spaces available.
The Welsh Government have launched a Coronavirus Childcare Assistance Scheme (C-CAS) to support critical workers with children under 5 years. Children who are considered vulnerable will also be included in the scheme.
If you require any further information, please contact us on 01639 648039 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
What action is the College taking?
We will continue to take guidance from the Government and will base any decisions on their advice. You can find the latest information and advice on coronavirus on the Public Health Wales website and the latest guidance for educational settings on the GOV.UK website.
A higher education open event will take place on 20 May, in a virtual format. Find out more here: https://www.nptcgroup.ac.uk/he-open-events.
A general open event will take place on 24 June, in a virtual format. Updates will be published at: https://www.nptcgroup.ac.uk/open-evenings.
Graduation, scheduled for the 9 July 2020, has been postponed. A new date will be confirmed and published at https://www.nptcgroup.ac.uk/graduation.