This qualifications is part of the Award & Certificate in Training, Assessment, Quality, Assurance Qualifications (TAQA 6317), for those looking to gain entry to roles in assessment.
This qualification is intended for those who assess professional skills as well as knowledge and understanding in the workplace. It aims to help the student understand the assessment strategies. It is ideal for learners who would like to be fully qualified assessor in classroom or work environment.
Candidates for the qualification must also
- be part of an assessment Centre
- have access to at least 2 candidates to be assessed
- have access to an Assessor/ Mentor for countersigning
- have occupational competency in the qualification they are assessing.
Learners who want to continue long-term teaching in the learning sector and on completion of level 3 learner can progress to level 4.
Stage One - 3 half day Workshops:
- Introduction to the award and to assessment requirements
- How to plan for assessment
- How to assess candidate's performance and knowledge against national standards
- How to record and process assessment decisions
- How to standardise assessment decisions
Stage Two – Demonstrating Assessment Skills:
This stage takes place in the Assessor Candidate’s workplace. The Assessor Candidate is assessed planning and undertaking assessments and completing assessment records with Mentor.
Assessor Candidates prepare a small portfolio demonstrating their competence as an Assessor. Assessor Candidates are also observed in their workplace carrying out assessments and giving feedback to their candidates, by Course Tutor/Assessor.
Neath College - 01639 648000