This course is suitable for anyone internal quality assuring assessment practices or wishing to gain an understanding of the principles and practices of quality assuring.
This course aims to provide underpinning knowledge and understanding, relating to the internal quality assurance of the assessment process. You will also be supported to utilise this knowledge by completing a portfolio of evidence to demonstrate their competence as an internal quality assurer.
Upon successful completion of this course, candidates will have gained a nationally recognised Level 4 qualification which will enable you to work as a qualified internal quality assurer.
Candidates for the qualification must:
- be part of an assessment Centre
- have access to 2 assessors
- have access to an Assessor/ Mentor for countersigning
- have occupational competency in the qualification they are assessing.
- have been qualified and practising assessors for at least one year before embarking on this programme. (holding D awards, A1, Certificate in Assessing Vocational Achievement).
You can progress from this course to additional learning and development awards or units.
This course covers:
The role of the internal quality assurer:
- Carrying out and evaluating internal assessment and quality assurance systems
- Support of assessors
- Monitoring the quality of assessors’ performance
- How to meet external quality assurance requirements including liaison with external quality assurers
- Completion of the portfolio
- The course is delivered over three half days, which includes discussions and activities. You will be allocated an assessor who will support you whilst you compile your profile.
Neath College - 01639 648000
3 half day workshops
3 half day workshops and complete portfolio within 9 months