This programme will suit students who work or wish to work in the Construction industry and wish to develop the required academic knowledge and practical skills.
There are four areas you can choose to focus your studies on:
– Building Engineering Services
– Civil Engineering
– Construction Management
– Quantity Surveying
For students who have recently been in education, the entry profile is likely to include one of the following:
- BTEC Level 3 qualification in Construction (or a related subject)
- GCE Advanced Level profile that demonstrates strong performance in a relevant subject or adequate performance in more than one GCE subject; this profile is likely to be supported by GCSE grades A* to C and/or 9 to 4 (or equivalent) in subjects such as maths and English
- Other related Level 3 qualifications
- Access to Higher Education Diploma awarded by an approved further education institution
- Related work experience
- International equivalent of the above
Graduates have employment prospects in a wide range of construction disciplines, for example: project manager, building surveyor, quantity surveyor or construction manager.
Modules include: Individual Project Construction Technology Science and Materials, Construction Practice and Management Legal and Statutory Responsibilities in Construction Information (Drawing, Detailing, Speci¿cation) Surveying, Measuring and Setting Out Site Supervision and Operations.
This programme will include lectures and practical workshop sessions. You will usually have to complete coursework, presentation and projects as you progress through the academic year.
Brecon Beacons College