NVQ Level 2 course from Black Mountains College in Coppicing and Greenwood Trades, to develop skills and knowledge for a successful and rewarding career in woodland management and timber work.
This vocational course will give practical outdoor learning backed up with classroom theory to:
• Identify tree species and their properties
• Cut, process and extract coppice
• Fell and process trees up to 380mm
• Cross-cut timber using a chainsaw
• Process coppice materials and green wood products
• Sharpen and maintain edged hand tools
• Control pollution incidents
• Monitoring and maintaining health and safety
Course tutors have extensive experience from a broad spectrum of coppicing and green wood working, bringing up-to-date techniques and knowledge.
Alongside the NVQ, students will participate in the unique and innovative BMC diploma, covering life skills, ecology and sustainability.
Students will study in beautiful woodland training settings in Talgarth in the Brecon Beacons.