This programme will suit students wishing to develop a broad range of hospitality, events and business skills. It will provide you with the necessary knowledge and insight to develop an understanding of managing hospitality and catering organisations more effectively.
This course is run in partnership with University of Wales Trinity Saint David.
Entry criteria detail a typical offer but the College considers all applications on an individual basis which means that we could make offers based on qualifications, personal profile and experience. If you have any queries regarding your offer please contact our Admissions Team.
Typical offer: 1 A Level at C Grade or above 2 A Levels at E Grade or MP/PPP profile from a BTEC Level 3 qualification and five GCSEs at Grade C or above, to include English and Maths (or equivalent qualifications).
The recognised progression route is the third Year of the BA (Hons) Hospitality Management and the Culinary Arts. Graduates have employment prospects in a wide range of tourism and events disciplines, for example: conferencing and events management, tourism and planning consultancy, tour operations, the airline industry, marketing and consultancy.
Year 1 Modules include:
- Applied Professional and Personal Development
- Organisational Behaviour
- Introduction to Hospitality, Tourism and Events
- Marketing for Tourism Hospitality, Events and the Culinary Arts
- Event Operations Practices
- Contemporary Hospitality.
Year 2 Modules include:
- Practical Event Management
- Contemporary Human Resource Management in Context
- Work Placement for Hospitality Management and the Culinary Arts
- Professional Kitchen Techniques
- Hotel and Guest Services
- Conferencing and Banqueting Management
The programme will include lectures, fieldwork, practical and tutorial sessions. The programme employs a variety of assessment techniques including reports, presentations, assignments, debates, practical work and examinations.
There will be additional course-related costs.
Higher Education & Degrees
Neath College - 01639 648000
2 Years, Full-Time
£9000 Per Year