This established training programme is the first of its kind in the UK, originally developed with the British Woodworking Federation (BWF), the course is aimed at tradespersons
working in the site carpentry and joinery industry. It will provide training on the fitting of single and double fire doors and frames/linings to the standards of current legislation.
The Fire Door and Installation training course has been designed to help support experienced tradespeople refresh their knowledge and skills in relation to timber fire doors, third party certification and carrying out inspections and maintenance.
This course covers the following topics:
– The fitting of fire doors
– Fire door frames and linings
– Understanding and fitting of fire door ironmongery and seals
– The inclusion of apertures and associated fire regulations related to the fitting of glass
– The effects of use on fire door performance
If you are over 19 and are currently living in Wales you could be eligible for a FREE course under the Welsh Government Personal Learning Accounts (PLA) funding. We can discuss funding with you upon enquiry.