The Level 1 Diploma in IT is a Full-time Further Education course designed for students who are interested in developing their IT and computing skills. This is located in the Computing and Information Technology (CIT) department.
It enables you to develop an understanding and practical skills through looking at how Information Technology is used in industry and commerce using a range of software applications, and through looking at jobs that involve working with ICT. IT and Digital Technology is fast becoming one of the UK’s most highly paid careers. In fact, the UK’s Digital Tech Industries, grew 32% faster than the rest of the UK economy (in turnover) in 2016, creating highly paid job opportunities and accounting for 1.56M jobs across the UK. The top sectors to work in are app and software development, Data Management and Analytics and Hardware, Devices and open source hardware.
A minimum of 2 GCSEs at Grades E & F plus a successful interview.
Potential Progression Routes: The Level 1 Diploma in IT can stand as a basic qualification in ICT by itself. It can also be used as a basis for progression onto other further education courses including progression onto the Level 2 Diploma in ICT as well as other level 2 qualifications. Potential Career Opportunities: Computer Operator.
• Unit A1 Being Organised
• Unit A2 Developing a Personal Progression Plan
• Unit IT5 Developing Digital information Using IT Imaging Software
• Unit IT8 Creating a Spread sheet to Solve Problems
• Unit IT9 Creating a Website.
• Unit A3 Working with Others
• Unit A4 Researching a Topic
• Unit IT6 Using Digital Communication Skills
• Unit IT7 Solving Technical IT Problems
• Unit IT12 Creating a Digital Animated Graphic.
There will be additional course-related costs.
Brecon Beacons College