In a commercial environment, regulations state that all electrical equipment is tested and certified as safe. The Portable Appliance Testing or PAT Testing Course provides you with the skills required to competently test and report on all portable appliances.
This course takes you through the practical disciplines and formal recording processes, as well as preparing you for the online City and Guilds 2377 exams.
This course covers the following topics:
– Electrical safety
– Regulations role and responsibilities
– Insulation and earthing
– Classification of appliances
– Preliminary inspection, test precautions
– Using a portable appliance tester
– Essential & optional tests
– Labelling (tests – delete)
– Reporting and recording results
– Implementing a test programme
– Practical assessment
– Law and scope of relevant legislation
– Types, use and testing of electrical equipment.
– Categories, frequency and practicalities of PAT testing
– Procedures, documentation and user responsibility
– Identify training required for PAT testing
– Appropriate test instruments and how they are used