The QCF Level 2 Diploma in Painting and Decorating (Decorative Occupations) course is a two-year, part-time further education course designed to prepare you for work as a professional painter and decorator – a great career choice. The construction sector is booming and as a trained professional you have options:
- to work for a contractor in either the domestic, commercial or industrial sector, or
- to start your own business
What will I learn?
This is an advanced course, which develops your skills as a professional painter and decorator.
You will focus on specialist areas such as:
- Decorative Finishes.
- High volume spray application.
- Specialist (and expensive!) wall coverings such as lincrusta (whose wall coverings were used in the Titanic) and wide vinyls (for industrial properties).
- Supervisory skills to prepare you for a more responsible role in the workplace.
- Access Equipment: scaffolding, mobile scaffolds, steps, trestles and ladders.
- Preparation of Surfaces: Washing down, rubbing down by hand & mechanical methods and filling & stopping.
- Application of Coatings by brush, spray and roller.
- Application of wall coverings: lining paper, woodchip, embossed & patterned pulp, vinyl, prepasted, hessian, lincrusta, industrial vinyl etc.
- Specialist Decorating: graining, marbling and broken colour.
- Health & Safety
Newtown College - 01686 614200
Neath College - 01639 648000
Yr1 - £833
Yr2 - £678