At NPTC Group of Colleges, our Business Engagement Advisors have listened to employers and are pleased to offer mental health first aid training.
Mental health issues in the workplace exist and affect all individuals. Businesses are now, more than ever, encouraged to take ownership of employee wellbeing and we can help you achieve this.
Our awareness course will provide staff with the confidence to know what mental health is and how to recognise, provide advice and support various conditions.
In addition to this, learners can progress onto the FAA Level 2 Award in First Aid For Mental Health, the FAA Level 3 Award in Supervising First Aid for Mental Health or the Level 1 Counselling Skills & Strategies course, these courses can be of benefit to individuals who would like to continue to develop their skills.
This course covers the following topics:
- What mental health is and why people develop mental health conditions
- The role of a First Aider to support mental health
- How to provide advice and practical support for a person presenting a mental health condition
- How to recognise and manage stress
- How to recognise a range of mental health conditions
The qualification is assessed through a range of methods including practical assessments, open and multiple-choice questions.
This course is £49 per person. Funding is available for this course, please get in touch to find out more.