Travel and Transport

How to Apply

My Travel Pass: for all students aged 16-21

My Travel Pass allows up to 1/3 off travel costs on all buses in Wales (except National Express and Megabus). All students are encouraged to apply for a travel pass to qualify for the discount.

Apply Now My Travel Pass help and FAQs

Who can Apply?

Any young person from 16-21 years can apply. The pass is valid from your 16th birthday until the day of your 21st birthday.

By Post

Download a copy of the application form from Send it FREEPOST with a recent passport-sized photograph to:

PO Box 52,
LL49 0AU

By Telephone

Call 0300 200 22 33 for an application form.

Send it FREEPOST with a recent passport-sized photograph to:
PO Box 52,
LL49 0AU


There is NO cost to apply for My Travel Pass.

MTICKET (Neath College, Afan College, and South Campuses Only)

Who can Apply?

Students living in the Neath Port Talbot/Swansea County Borough can purchase a range of ticket options to suit individual needs and allow flexibility of travel on the local bus service.

How to Apply

You can purchase your Mticket by downloading the First Bus phone app. The ticket will remain on your phone and must be shown to the driver along with your MTP each time you travel.


Together with your My Travel Pass:

  • An annual ticket for unlimited travel in Neath/Swansea area will cost £307 (without MTP – £460)
  • A termly ticket for travel to and from college only until 8 pm will cost £100 (without MTP – £150)
  • A Flexi5 ticket allows all-day travel on 5 individual days will cost £13


If you are 16, 17, or 18 and live in Powys, more than 3 miles from the college, you will be given a free Powys County Council bus pass at enrolment. You should still get a free Mytravelpass to use for other journeys. For further information, please contact 01686 614200.

If you are 19- 21, you can also get a free Mytravelpass, and maybe helped with travel costs if necessary. Queries? Ring 01686 614202

Any student eligible for EMA can apply to the college Financial Contingency Fund (FCF) for support. If successful the cost of your Mticket will be refunded.

If you are aged Over 19

These schemes are not currently available for students aged 19 and over. Please contact our Student Zone team on 01639 648705 if you have any queries.

Bus Timetable

Visit First Cymru Website

Students Living Outside Powys or Neath/Swansea Areas

If you live outside these areas and are under 19 years old you should apply for transport funding via their local authority as soon as you enroll.

In the first instance students should:

  1. Contact their local authority to request funding for transport to college.
  2. If they agree then the authority will either arrange with the college to pay for a bus pass or offer funding towards petrol or rail transport. Please request a confirmation letter supporting the decision and return it to the address below.
  3. If they do not agree, they will need to apply via My Travel Pass, as per the above process.

Car Parking

Limited car parking is available at all campuses free of charge.

Please take all reasonable care and attention to:-

– Watch your speed

– Do not park directly outside residents’ homes

– Keep noise levels to a minimum

– Please remember that the College always aims to be a good neighbour within the community

– Note that incorrect parking on a public road may subject you to prosecution

All drivers must comply with the driving and parking restrictions in operation in/around the campuses.

NPTC Group of Colleges does not accept responsibility for vehicles or their contents. All vehicles are parked at the owner’s risk.

Contact Us

To get in touch with Student Support directly, email: