How to Apply
From September 2018, students will no longer be able to purchase bus passes in College. Applications must be made through ‘My Travel Pass’.
NPTC Group of Colleges is working with the Welsh Government and First Cymru to replace the College bus pass with My Travel Pass (MTP). The new travel pass allows up to 1/3rd off travel costs on all buses in Wales (except National Express and Megabus).
Download the new First Bus App to update your annual mTicket account or purchase your term three mTicket.
The new First Bus App replaces the mTicket App and combines ticketing and journey planning in one.
You can also use the link to the First web site where they have a step by step guide of what to do and how to use the new features. WWW.FIRSTGROUP.COM/TECH-BUS/FIRST-BUS-APP
Call into Student Services if you need help!
Who can Apply?
Any young person from 16-18 years can apply. The pass is valid from your 16th birthday until the day of your 19th birthday.
Download a copy of the application form from www.mytravelpass.gov.wales. Send it FREEPOST with a recent passport sized photograph to:
PO Box 52,
Call 0300 200 22 33 for an application form.
Send it FREEPOST with a recent passport sized photograph to:
PO Box 52,
There is NO cost to apply for MTP
In addition this year First Cymru are offering a range of ticket options to suit your needs and allow flexibility of travel on the local bus service.
Who can Apply?
Students living in the Neath Port Talbot/Swansea County Borough.
How to Apply
You can purchase your mticket via a phone app by visiting: www.firstgroup.com. The ticket will remain on your phone and must be shown to the driver along with your MTP each time you travel.
- An annual pass for unlimited travel in Neath/Swansea area will cost £300
- A termly ticket for travel to and from college only until 6pm will cost £95
- A Flexi10 ticket allows all-day travel on 10 individual days will cost £24
- A Flexi5 ticket allows all-day travel on 5 individual days will cost £12.
If you live outside the Neath Port Talbot/Swansea County Borough you can apply to your local authority to request financial support towards transport costs (if eligible).
Any student eligible for EMA can apply to the college Financial Contingency Fund (FCF) for support. If successful the cost of your mticket will be refunded.
If you are aged Over 19
These schemes are not currently available for students aged 19 and over. Please contact our Student Zone team on 01639 648705 if you have any queries.
Further timetable information can be found on www.firstgroup.com
Students Living Outside Neath Port Talbot/Swansea
If you live outside Neath Port Talbot/Swansea County and are under 19 years you should apply for transport funding via their local authority as soon as you enrol.
In the first instance students should:
- Contact their local authority to request funding for transport to college.
- If they agree then the authority will either arrange with the college to pay for a bus pass, or offer funding towards petrol or rail transport. Please request a confirmation letter supporting the decision and return it to the address below.
- If they do not agree, they will need to apply via My Travel Pass, as per the above process.
|Admissions – Neath College||Admissions – Afan College|
|Dwr y Felin Road||Margam|
|SA10 7RF||SA13 2AL|
Tel: 01639 648705/648033 – Neath or 01639 648230/648246 – Afan
|Bridgend County Borough Council
Tel: 01656 642654
|Rhondda Cynon Taf County Borough Council
Tel: 01443 494 870
|Carmarthenshire County Council
Tel: 01267 234 567
|Merthyr Tydfil County Borough Council
Tel: 01685 725 000
|Powys County Council
Tel: 01597 826 000
Limited car parking is available at all campuses free of charge.
Please take all reasonable care and attention to:-
– Watch your speed
– Do not park directly outside residents’ homes
– Keep noise levels to a minimum
– Please remember that the College always endeavours to be a good neighbour within the community
– Note that incorrect parking on a public road may subject you to prosecution
All drivers are required to comply with the driving and parking restrictions in operation in/around the campuses.
NPTC Group of Colleges does not accept responsibility for vehicles or their contents. All vehicles are parked at the owner’s risk.