At NPTC Group of Colleges, we are committed to:
- maintaining an accessible website.
- ensuring that this website achieves “Level AA” conformance to the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0, to comply with the National Disability Authority’s Code of Practice on Accessibility of Public Services and Information Provided by Public Bodies.
- ensuring that all new information on the website will achieve “Level AA” conformance to the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0.
- including accessibility when we procure 3rd-party systems or upgrades to existing systems.
We are proud to work with ‘Recite Me’; a leader in the field of accessibility technology.
At the top of each page of our website, you will find a launch button for our ‘Recite Me’ toolbar.
‘Recite Me’ makes websites accessible to users who may have learning difficulties, dyslexia, mild visual impairment or English as a second language. This affects 20% of the UK population.
Recite works across ALL devices and platforms. It offers
- Cloud-based technology – nothing to download
- Compliance with European and UK legislation
- Text to speech conversions
- Automatic translation of website content into 52 languages