This accessibility statement applies to https://www.nptcgroup.ac.uk
This website is run by NPTC Group of Colleges. We want as many people as possible to be able to use this website. For example, that means you should be able to:
- change colours, contrast levels and fonts
- zoom in up to 300% without the text spilling off the screen
- navigate most of the website using just a keyboard
- navigate most of the website using speech recognition software
- listen to most of the website using a screen reader (including the most recent versions of JAWS, NVDA and VoiceOver)
We’ve also made the website text as simple as possible to understand.
AbilityNet has advice on making your device easier to use if you have a disability.
How accessible this website is
We are proud to work with ‘Recite Me’; a leader in the field of accessibility technology.
At the top of each page of our website, you will find a launch button for our ‘Recite Me’ toolbar.
‘Recite Me’ makes websites accessible to users who may have learning difficulties, dyslexia, mild visual impairment or English as a second language. This affects 20% of the UK population.
Recite works across ALL devices and platforms. It offers
- Cloud-based technology – nothing to download
- Compliance with European and UK legislation
- Text-to-speech conversions
- Automatic translation of website content into 52 languages
You can view an introductory video to ‘Recite Me’ here and tour the assistive toolbar features here.
We know some parts of this website are not fully accessible:
- not all of our images have ALT text.
- our Facebook Messenger chatbox is not accessible using the keyboard and has no text content.
- most older PDF documents are not fully accessible to screen reader software.
- Google ReCaptcha forms do not always display correctly at 400% zoom and on mobile view.
- live video streams do not have captions.
Feedback and contact information
If you need information on this website in a different format like accessible PDF, large print, easy read, audio recording or braille:
Call: 0330 818 8100
We’ll consider your request and get back to you in two working days.
Reporting accessibility problems with this website
We’re always looking to improve the accessibility of this website. If you find any problems not listed on this page or think we’re not meeting accessibility requirements, contact us on the details provided above.
The Equality and Human Rights Commission (EHRC) is responsible for enforcing the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018 (the ‘accessibility regulations’). If you’re not happy with how we respond to your complaint, contact the Equality Advisory and Support Service (EASS).
Contacting us by phone or visiting us in person
We provide a text relay service for people who are D/deaf, hearing impaired or have a speech impediment.
Our offices have audio induction loops, or if you contact us before your visit, we can arrange a British Sign Language (BSL) interpreter.
Find out how to contact us: https://www.nptcgroup.ac.uk/contact
Technical information about this website’s accessibility
NPTC Group of Colleges is committed to making its website accessible, in accordance with the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018.
This website is partially compliant with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines version 2.1 AA standard, due to the non-compliances and exemptions listed below.
The content listed below is non-accessible for the following reasons.
Non-compliance with the accessibility regulations
- Some images do not have a text alternative, so people using a screen reader cannot access the information. This fails WCAG 2.1 success criterion 1.1.1 (non-text content).
We plan to add text alternatives for all images and are currently working on updating images in date order. When we publish new content, we’ll make sure our use of images meets accessibility standards.
- The chat box at the bottom of the webpage is not accessible using the keyboard. This fails WCAG 2.1 success criteria 1.1.1 and 2.1.1 (keyboard, and non-text content).
This is an externally provided Facebook Messenger widget, provided to us by a third-party company, Modern. We have raised this issue with them and are currently investigating alternative providers with improved accessibility options.
- At 400% zoom and in mobile view, the captcha box does not reflow to fit the page correctly. This fails WCAG 1.4.10 (Reflow: 400% & mobile view)
The Google reCAPTCHA badge is an iframe from Google, therefore not editable.
Content that’s not within the scope of the accessibility regulations
PDFs and other documents
- Some of our PDFs and Word documents are essential to providing our services. For example, we have PDFs with information on how users can access our services, and forms published as Word documents. We plan to either fix these or replace them with accessible HTML pages.
The accessibility regulations do not require us to fix PDFs or other documents published before 23 September 2018 if they’re not essential to providing our services.
Any new PDFs or Word documents we publish and own will meet accessibility standards. From time to time, we may be required to upload externally-owned PDF documents which we may be unable to edit.
We do not plan to add captions to live video streams because live video is exempt from meeting the accessibility regulations.
Preparation of this accessibility statement
This statement was prepared on 29/11/22. It was last reviewed on 21/02/23
Please note, regular testing of our website and its accessibility is conducted by Copper Bay Digital.