NPTC Pathways Training is a proud provider that delivers personalised, industry-recognised qualifications across Mid and South-West Wales, in sectors ranging from Healthcare to Motor Vehicle. All our assessors have a vast amount of industry experience and knowledge to support learners with their qualifications and employers along their journeys. We have established partnerships with leading Welsh employers such as Swansea Bay & Powys University Health Boards and Swansea City Football Club.
Studying full-time not for you? This could be what you are looking for!
If studying full-time is not for you, then work-based learning could be exactly what you are looking for. There are programmes to suit everyone! Work-based learning gives you the chance to gain experience in a real job, plus job-specific qualifications while earning money.
Opportunities vary depending on the programme.
The routes are:
- Agricultural Mechanics
- Business Administration
- Childcare & Playwork
- Customer Service
- Hospitality & Catering
- Motor Vehicle
- Team Leading
- Vehicle Body Repair
Why become an apprentice?
- Earn while you learn – be paid a salary
- Gain skills, knowledge, experience and face new challenges
- Gain a nationally recognised qualification
- Excellent progression opportunities
What types of apprenticeships are there?
There are three types of apprenticeships you can apply for depending on current skills and qualifications:
- Foundation Apprenticeship – Level 2
- Apprenticeship – Level 3
- Higher Apprenticeship – Level 4+
You will be on placement with an employer and possibly attend College for one day a week. You will be assessed in the workplace and helped to gather evidence for your portfolio. An apprenticeship is a work-based learning programme where you can earn a wage while you learn. If you live in Wales and are over 16 and not in full-time education, you can apply for an apprenticeship.
NPTC Group of Colleges and Wrexham Glyndŵr University (WGU) have recently been awarded funding under the new Degree Apprenticeship Pilot Programme for Wales. Reflecting the skills needs of Wales, universities and other degree awarding institutions were asked to design a new suite of digital programmes to enable Welsh organisations to upskill their existing employees or recruit new talent in areas such as software engineering, cyber security and data science for the new Digital Degree Apprenticeships Framework.
Jobs Growth Wales+
If you are aged 16-18 years, Jobs Growth Wales+ offer learning programmes to support you to build work-related skills and identify career choices. This is a very flexible programme designed around you to develop new skills and gain recognised qualifications to boost your career options until you venture onto your Apprenticeship, College, or Work journey. To apply you must be:
- Between 16-18 years old
- Living in Wales
- Are not in full-time education, employment or training
Jobs Growth Wales+ is a training programme which focuses on giving you:
- Employability skills
- The opportunity to sample different job roles
- Access to high quality work experience
What are the benefits of Jobs Growth Wales+?
- Receive ongoing training support from a designated contractor
- Evidence to state on career related applications & CV’s
- Free training and work experiences
- Build your confidence as you grow your skills and experience
- Get a foot in the door and access to jobs with local employers
At the end of the programme you can:
- Advance onto JBG+ Advancement or Employment programmes
- Advance to an academic course
- Progress onto an Apprenticeship
- Pursue an alternative career choice
Pathways Neath: 0330 818 8002
Pathways Newtown: 0330 818 9442