- Students must log their sickness on: https://ebsontrackprospect.nptcgroup.ac.uk before 9.30am for each day of illness.
- Absences of more than 5 days require a doctor’s certificate.
- EMA stops if sickness lasts more than 2 weeks.
- High levels of sickness will be investigated.
Authorised Absences must be booked in advance at https://ebsontrackprospect.nptcgroup.ac.uk. Only 1 period of absence per half term is allowed and high levels of authorised absences will be investigated.
Authorised Absences Include
- Medical appointments which cannot be made outside of college hours – Evidence Required.
- An employment interview or university visit – Evidence Required.
- A work placement as part of the course – Evidence Required from Tutor.
- Attendance at a wedding or funeral – No Evidence Required.
- Attendance at court/probation meeting – Evidence Required.
- A driving and theory test – Evidence Required.
- A student representative meeting – Evidence Required from Senior Officer: Equality and Diversity
- A student disciplinary meeting – Evidence Required from Head of School
- Disruption to transport – No Evidence Required.
- Caring responsibilities – No Evidence Required.
- Holidays, these should be taken out of term time. These must be requested through your Tutor.
- Employment which is not part of the course.
- Birthdays or family celebrations.
- Driving Lessons.
Students are encouraged to view the Attendance Policy in full. This is available on request at your Student Zone.
Funding is subject to being withdrawn/suspended at the discretion of Student Support where the student fails to attend regularly.
- WGLG will not be paid unless attendance is above 90%.
- EMA will not be paid unless 100% is reached, weekly.
You can contact Student Support at email@example.com