Are you interested in catering training?
This qualification will support a whole range of roles within the kitchen and front of house such as chef, restaurant supervisor kitchen assistant and waiting staff, or similar roles.
At Pathways Training we deliver apprenticeships in catering that will give learners a nationally recognised qualification. Learners will develop skills in the workplace and some college attendance will be required.
Units may include: Maintenance of a safe, hygienic and secure working environment, cook and finish basic meat dishes, cook and finish basic vegetable dishes, prepare, cook and finish basic hot sauces, prepare, cook and finish basic rice dishes, and many more.
Units may include: Maintain food safety when preparing, storing and cooking food, produce healthier dishes, contribute to the development of recipes and menus, prepare, cook and finish complex bread and dough products, and many more.
- NVQ Diploma in Professional Cookery
- Certificate in Hospitality and Catering Principles
- ESW Communication Skills
- ESW Application of Number Skills
- ESW Employability Skills.
- Hospitality services
- Food and Beverage Services
- Food Production and Cooking
- Professional Cookery
- Hospitality Supervisor and Leadership
Entry requirements Learners must be:
- Living or working in Wales
- Employed for at least 16 hours each week throughout the apprenticeship
All learners must undertake an initial assessment.
What will the qualification lead to?
After completing each level learners can progress to:
- Hospitality Supervision and Leadership
- Specialist qualifications