The Foundation Year Access to Higher Education aims to provide the skills and confidence for learners to progress onto an Access to Higher Education course and then onto a degree or an equivalent higher education course.
No formal qualifications are required to join the course.
Successful completion of the course will enable learners to be recommended for the Access to Higher Education L3 Course of their choice.
Learners will undertake an Agored Cymru Level 2 Progression Diploma - the main focus of the course is to develop students’ proficiency in a range of different skills which could include for example:
· Writing (grammar, punctuation, paragraphing, essay and report writing)
· Research (reading, note-taking, summarising, referencing)
· Numeracy (decimals, fractions, percentages, measurements, algebra)
· ICT (spreadsheets, WP, PowerPoint, Databases, Desktop publishing etc)
· giving formal presentations and participating in discussions
· Sociology / Psychology
· Healthcare Issues
· Diet and digestion
· Welsh culture
· Sustainable development, Environment & Global Citizenship
The Foundation Access Course normally runs for 35 week.
In order to achieve the Diploma students have to successfully complete 60 credit units.