This programme is for students who want to develop their knowledge and understanding of agricultural practices and systems supported by current management practices.
This course is run in partnership with Pearson.
BTEC / C&G Level 3 qualification in Agriculture at Merit / Distinction grade. GCSE Grades A to C in Maths and English plus a strong performance at GCSE Advanced level in a relevant subject.
Progression to Level 6 (Degree) study in a related subject. Progression to suitable managerial roles within the Land based Industries. Progresssion to the ooeration of a Rural Business.
Year 1 Business and the Business Environment:
- Management Accounting
- Managing a Successful Project
- Principles of Livestock Production
- Animal Health and Welfare
- Animal nutrition
- Rural Business administration and Accounting
- Plant and Crop Nutrition.
Year 2 Advanced Financial Accounting:
- Research Project
- Forage Production and Management
- Animal Breeding and Genetics
- Diversification and Alternative Enterprises
- Work Experience
Lectures, Case Studies, Projects, Visits, Completion of written and practical assignments, Presentations, Reflective Journal, Discussion, Independent Research.
Higher Education & Degrees
Newtown College - 01686 614200