This programme is for students who want to develop their knowledge and understanding of agricultural practices and systems supported by current management practices.
This course is run in partnership with Pearson.
BTEC / C&G Level 3 qualification in Agriculture at Merit / Distinction grade. GCSE Grades A to C in Maths and English plus a strong performance at GCSE Advanced level in a relevant subject.
Progression to Level 6 (Degree) study in a related subject. Progression to suitable managerial roles within the Land based Industries. Progresssion to the ooeration of a Rural Business.
- Business and the Business Environment
- Management Accounting
- Managing a Successful Project
- Principles of Livestock Production
- Animal Health and Welfare
- Animal nutrition
- Principles of Crop Production
- Plant and Crop Nutrition.
- Advanced Financial Accounting
- Research Project
- Forage Crop Production
- Animal Breeding and Genetics
- Alternative Enterprises
- Work Experience
- Management of Land-Based Machinery and Technology
Lectures, Case Studies, Projects, Visits, Completion of written and practical assignments, Presentations, Reflective Journal, Discussion, Independent Research.
Higher Education & Degrees
Newtown College - 01686 614200
2 Years - Full-Time
£7500 Per Year