NPTC Group of Colleges provides outstanding facilities with dedicated staff who support students to achieve academic and sporting excellence.
Besides, we are one of the fewer colleges in the country with a Sports Academy that allows students to study in any subject area whilst developing as a performer and pursue their sporting career.
So if you’re serious about the sport, as part of the Sports Academy you will benefit from:
- A structured training programme, overseen by our lecturers; personal performance monitored regularly by our team.
- Training sessions and lectures planned to avoid clashes.
- The chance to compete in the successful NPTC Group of Colleges’ sporting teams.
- Part of national coaching schemes for your chosen sport.
If you compete regularly in a sport for the club, county or national teams and are interested in joining our Sports Academies.
- Welsh Schools’ Cup Winners (8 Times)
- Welsh College Cup Winners (19 Times)
- British Colleges’ Cup Winners
- Rosslyn Park 7s’ Winners
- College Super 15s’ Winners.
- Ashley Beck, Justin Tipuric, Dan Lydiate
- Craig Mitchell, James Hook, Lloyd Peers
- James King, Eli Walker, Dan Baker
- Dafydd Howells, Adam Jones, Duncan Jones
- Darren Morris, Spencer John, Paul James
- Leigh Davies, Arwel Thomas, Gwyn Jones.
- Welsh Colleges’ League Champions
- Finalists at the British Knock-out Cup.
- Helen Jones (Case) & Amanda Cooper
- Chelsea Lewis & Nicola James.
- Welsh League Champions 2010-2011 & 2012-2013
- Welsh 5-a-side Champions 2013-2014
- Welsh 5-a-side Runners up 2011-2012 & 2012-2013.
- Ben Davies
- Joe Allen
- Jazz Richards
- Rob Davies (Table Tennis)