NPTC Group of Colleges is an outstanding College that is committed to supporting its students to achieve both academic and sporting excellence.
It is one of a few colleges in the country with a Sports Academy that provides students with the opportunity to study in any subject area and at the same time develop as a performer and pursue their sporting dreams.
So if you’re serious about sport, as part of the Sports Academy you will benefit from:
- a structured training programme that is overseen by experienced coaches;personal performance monitored regularly by our team
- training sessions and lectures are planned to avoid unnecessary clashes
- the chance to compete in the successful NPTC Group of Colleges’ sporting teams
- part of national coaching schemes for your chosen sport
If you compete regularly in a sport for club, county or national teams and are interested in joining our Sport Academies.
- Welsh Schools’ Cup Winners (8 Times)
- Welsh College Cup Winners (19 Times)
- British Colleges’ Cup Winners
- Rosslyn Park 7s’ Winners
- College Super 15s’ Winners.
- Ashley Beck, Justin Tipuric, Dan Lydiate
- Craig Mitchell, James Hook, Lloyd Peers
- James King, Eli Walker, Dan Baker
- Dafydd Howells, Adam Jones, Duncan Jones
- Darren Morris, Spencer John, Paul James
- Leigh Davies, Arwel Thomas, Gwyn Jones.
- Welsh Colleges’ League Champions
- Finalists at the British Knock-out Cup.
- Helen Jones (Case) & Amanda Cooper
- Chelsea Lewis & Nicola James.
- Welsh League Champions 2010-2011 & 2012-2013
- Welsh 5-a-side Champions 2013-2014
- Welsh 5-a-side Runners up 2011-2012 & 2012-2013.
- Ben Davies
- Joe Allen
- Jazz Richards
- Rob Davies (Table Tennis)