Choosing the right course for you couldn’t be simpler!
Based on the guidance you will receive from our subject experts you will take either three or four A Levels or equivalent subjects in your first year at college.
- There are two parts to each A-level qualification. You will study AS (Advanced Subsidiary) in your first year which contributes to 40% of the overall A level and continue onto A2 in your second year to achieve your full qualification.
- A levels may include end of year exams, a combination of coursework and exams or 100% coursework depending on the subjects you choose.
- On successful completion of your A-Levels, you may choose to progress onto university, higher apprenticeships or employment.
- Students who achieve a minimum of 3 A*s and mainly A grades at GCSE will have the opportunity to follow our Gifted and Talented Excellence (GATE) programme.
BTEC Extended Diploma:
- This is another two-year course that is the equivalent of three A-levels. The main difference is that the assessments will be mainly coursework based with 40% externally marked assessments which are a mixture of examinations and controlled assessments.
- With a BTEC Extended Diploma, you can progress to university, higher apprenticeships or employment.
- We offer GCSE courses in Biology, Mathematics and English.
Minimum entry requirements
For AS levels you will need a minimum of six GCSEs at grade C or above. Please be aware that certain courses will specify higher grades for particular subjects at GCSE.
- For A-Level Psychology, a grade B in GCSE English is required and a grade B in GCSE Mathematics is recommended.
- For A-Level Law, a grade B in GCSE English is required.
- For all Science A levels, it is required that you have achieved a grade B at the higher tier paper of additional or triple science.
To follow a BTEC Extended Diploma within the 6th Form Academy, you will need a minimum of five C grades at GCSE.
CHOOSE WHAT IS RIGHT FOR YOU
In relation to courses, further information can be found within our prospectus and we encourage you to attend one of our Open Evenings to meet the subject experts and ask any questions.
One of the many benefits of studying at NPTC 6th Form Academy is the wide variety of subject choices on offer.
|BTEC Extended Diploma||3 A Levels|
|BTEC Extended Certificate||1 A Level|