This year the dance department once again achieved excellent results at NPTC Group of Colleges, following a year filled with outstanding achievements in dance. Students from a range of dance courses have gained entry into top universities and specialist dance conservatoires.
Craig Coombs, Subject Leader and Course Coordinator for Dance, commented that:
“The dance students have all worked very hard this year and this is evident in the excellent achievements, both on the stage and on the page. Our teaching methods are reflective of industry standards and reach across the wealth of dance curriculum on offer at NPTC Group of Colleges. I look forward to the next academic year with a continued passion for dance education.”
All this success coincides with the students having opportunities to dance with The Black Eyed Peas, Ballet Cymru, the National Dance Company of Wales and Bright Light Bright Light this year.
The College dance department remains very proud of its 100% success rate in BTEC Level 3 Dance and A Level Dance.
Here are some of the outstanding success stories from the students leaving College this year:
- Bonnie Simons achieved a D*D*D* in her Level 3 BTEC Dance, an A in Advanced Welsh Baccalaureate and a B in A Level Dance. She is now looking forward to beginning her degree in dance at Chichester University.
- Courtney Lynn has achieved a D*D* in her BTEC Level 3 Dance and an A in AS Level Dance. Courtney is now preparing to start her professional training and degree at the London Studio Centre.
- Kira Buckland has achieved a DDM in her BTEC Level 3 Dance, a B in A Level Dance and a B in her Advanced Welsh Baccalaureate. Kira is now getting ready to begin her professional dance training and degree at the London Studio Centre.
- Lowri-Ann Demery has achieved a DDD in her BTEC Level 3 Dance and a B in her Advanced Welsh Baccalaureate. She will be starting her dance degree at Cardiff University in September.
- Danni Miles has achieved a DDM in her BTEC Level 3 Dance and will be progressing onto Cardiff University.
- Tyler Morris has achieved a DDM in her BTEC Level 3 Dance and will be progressing onto Middlesex University next academic year.
- Amy Thomas achieved a D*D*in her Level 3 BTEC Dance and will start her professional training and degree at the London Studio Centre in September.
- A special mention to Emma Mellin who achieved a DD* in her Level 3 BTEC Dance and a B in the Advanced Welsh Baccalaureate. She will be returning to complete her 3rd year with us this September.