WBQ Wins Praise from Students!

Students at NPTC Group of Colleges prove that the Welsh Baccalaureate qualification is recognised by some of the top universities and employers alike.

Students at the College achieved grades that outperformed national comparators and have since been offered places at some of the best performing institutions in the country including Cardiff, Wales’s only Russell Group University. The College’s Sixth Form Academy achieved an amazing pass rate of 25%, A*-A, 60%, A*-B and 86% A*-C grades, with over 200 students achieving the ‘Skills Challenge Certificate’. These outstanding results have enabled the students to access a range of University places and employment opportunities.

Some of the successful students include Daniel Oakes, former pupil of Dwr-Y-Felin Comprehensive School who achieved Advanced WBQ A*, A Levels in 3D Design (A*), Psychology (A), Geology (A).

He said: “Studying the WBQ enabled me to develop a range of skills that I would not have achieved from A Level study alone. In particular, my individual investigation on anxiety and depression will undoubtedly be beneficial in Cardiff University where I will be studying Psychology.”

Ryan Dhillion, former pupil of Dyffryn Comprehensive School achieved Advanced WBQ (A), A Level Sociology (B), History (C),and is going on to Swansea University to study Law.

“Without WBQ I would not have met my offer requirements. I enjoyed the course and the lecturers were all really helpful and supportive.”

Following the Apprenticeship route is Matthew Ellis who achieved Advanced WBQ (A), 2 A* Applied Business, Economics (B).

“I am now going on to do an apprenticeship with JP Morgan the investment bank in financial services, located in Bournemouth. I think that the best thing about WBQ is the fact that it taught me the employability skills and things like time management which will be essential to my new workplace,” he explained.

Leah Johns, WBQ co coordinator said the she is was delighted with the results.

“I am really pleased with the outstanding WBQ results achieved. It has allowed a significant number of learners to gain places at University. We have also found that a number of top employers are now welcoming the qualification as they recognise the range of transferable skills that equip the individual to face the challenges of employment and thrive.”

NPTC Group of Colleges has an overall pass rate of 99.9% pass rate and offers an impressive range of A Level courses enabling its students to achieve their goals year upon year.

For further information please contact Leah Johns 01639 648321.

Pic Caption (L/R): Matthew Ellis, Daniel Oaks, and Ryan Dhilllon