Catrin Accepts Norland Nanny Offer

Catrin de Kleijn-Jones, a current level 3 children’s care, play learning and development student at Brecon Beacons Colleges (Part of NPTC Group of Colleges) accepts an offer at the prestigious Norland Nanny College.

Twenty year old Catrin discovered a passion for childcare while studying Child Development at GCSE, and decided to study childcare further by applying to study Children’s Care, Learning and Development at Brecon College.

Catrin says: “I have a passion for working with children and my ultimate goal is to become a nanny. I feel I have the skills to achieve this and have recently been accepted into the Norland nanny college. This will allow me to enhance my knowledge further.”

For over a century, Norland nannies have been the childcarers of choice for the rich and famous, including royals Prince George and Princess Charlotte, and Mick Jagger’s children. Norland specialises in early years education and has a world-class reputation,  it was crowned the winner of the Independent Higher Education Award at the Whatuni Student Choice Awards (WUSCA) in 2019.

Catrin is most looking forward to the practical element of the course at the Norland college, as well as the opportunity to experience six different placements during the course. “Throughout the course, I will have the opportunity to develop my cooking and textiles skills through Food and Nutrition lessons and Sewing classes,” explains Catrin. She adds:  “Through the course at Brecon College  I have been able to learn a great deal of knowledge on child development, curriculum, health and safety and safeguarding, as  well as gain hands-on experience through my placement in a local nursery.”

For more information on childcare courses as well as Health and Social Care courses, contact Brecon Beacons College on 01686 614 400.