Want a career in Childcare or Health and Social Care?

If you’ve always wanted to work with children, or in a childcare setting, then it’s not too late to join a Level 2 BTEC in Health and Social Care course which has a Childcare perspective at Brecon Beacons College this September.

Diplomas, BTECs and National Vocational Qualifications (NVQs) are designed to help you learn in a practical way, about a specific job area. They deliver a practical and real-world approach to learning, ensuring you have experience of the working world without sacrificing any of the essential theoretical understanding.

This course is suitable for anyone wishing to work within the Health & Social Care sector, or with children in a supervised capacity.

With level 2 qualifications, you will be able to work in a range of childcare or care settings when supervised by someone holding a Level 3 qualification.  The programme is designed for all learners aged 16 + years of age with or without experience.

The course achieved a 100% progression rate this year with all students continuing onto the Level 3 Health, Social and Childcare course in the College.

This is what our students had to say:

‘’I have always wanted to work with children, so I started studying on the Level 2 Health, Social Care and Childcare course in Brecon, during the academic year.

It wasn’t a normal year because of COVID, and it certainly came with some challenges.  However, with the support of my teachers, I did it, I passed!

I have now progressed on to the Level 3 Childcare course in Brecon.  This year we are back face-to-face teaching in the classroom and it feels so good to be back to some sort of normality.  But it was all worth it to get to my dream job’’ said Nia Thomas.

Elspeth Davies added:

‘’I started college studying a completely different course, but soon realised that I really wanted to become a nurse.  So, last September I enrolled on the Level 2 Health and Social Care and Childcare course in Brecon.  I also had the opportunity to re-sit my Maths and English GCSEs (which I passed!)

The Level 2 course gave me the confidence, skills and knowledge that will underpin different aspects of care: child development, communication, professional practice and many more.

Brecon is a small and friendly campus with a great team that have always supported me, from teachers to admin staff and library staff. Everyone is supportive, encouraging, and helpful.’’

Interested? Joining us couldn’t be simpler.

Apply and enrol here