This course covers the Water Supply (Water Fittings) Regulations 1999 (England & Wales). It is suitable if you require an understanding of water regulations and water byelaws as part of your job, in particular if you wish to become an approved plumber or contractor.
Completing this course will go towards some of the entry requirements required to join a competent person scheme e.g. (APHC, WRAS, Ciphe, WaterSafe).
This course covers the following topics:
– Why were the regulations set up
– What the regulations were set up to prevent
– The regulations, the law and how it applies to you
– Back flow prevention air gaps
– Back flow prevention mechanical devices
– Hygienic practices
– Pipe identification
– Sprinkler systems
– Water mains locations
– CWSC installation requirements
If you are over 19 and are currently living in Wales you could be eligible for a FREE course under the Welsh Government Personal Learning Accounts (PLA) funding. We can discuss funding with you upon enquiry.