Reaching Your Potential
Our Sixth form Academy is committed to students’ success. For that reason, we offer comprehensive support for gifted and talented students. This includes:
- Placement into a specialist tutorial group where you will receive mentoring from specialist subject tutors
- The opportunity to attend visits to top universities, e.g. Oxford, Cambridge, and Bristol
- Comprehensive advice and guidance on the complex UCAS application process to top universities and competitive courses such as Medicine, Dentistry, Veterinary Science, and Law.
- Interview preparation and mock interviews
- Help in organising work experience
- Invitation to attend presentations delivered by guest speakers including, annual talks delivered by the Royal Society of Chemistry, Cardiff Medical School and Oxbridge Admissions tutors
- The opportunity to take part in activities that will enhance your application such as Maths Challenge, Biology Olympiad, Med-link, STEM events, and enrichment activities.
Applications to competitive universities are about more than just excellent grades.
Students must make an informed choice regarding subjects that they want to pursue.
In addition, students must understand the competitive selection process and systems, submit a polished application and excel at an interview.
Equally important, the Sixth Form Academy aims to help students with all of the above.
Seren: Supporting Wales’ Brightest Programme
NPTC Group of Colleges is part of the Seren: Supporting Wales Brightest Programme designed to support Wales’ top-performing students achieve their academic potential and gain access to leading universities.
As part of the hub, students will have access to:
- Provision of Super Curricular Activities
- A peer group of high achieving students
- Links to top universities, university students and graduates from similar backgrounds.
Through the Seren Hub, we can offer additional practical help and guidance that they need throughout the application process. Most importantly, this will prove advantageous for students when applying for top Universities.
As a result, it will provide a great opportunity for students to be part of a network with like-minded individuals who share similar goals.