Reaching Your Potential
Our Sixth form Academy is committed to your success and we offer comprehensive support for gifted and talented students. This includes:
- Placement into a specialist tutorial group where you will receive mentoring from specialist subject tutors
- The opportunity to attend visits to top universities, e.g. Oxford, Cambridge and Bristol
- Comprehensive advice and guidance on the complex UCAS application process to top universities and competitive courses such as Medicine, Dentistry, Veterinary Science, and Law. There is an extremely high success rate in our students applying through the UCAS process and obtaining offers to chosen university courses.
- Interview preparation and mock interviews
- Help in organising work experience
- Invitation to attend presentations delivered by guest speakers including, annual talks delivered by the Royal Society of Chemistry, Cardiff Medical School and Oxbridge Admissions tutors
- The opportunity to take part in activities that will enhance your application such Maths Challenge, Biology Olympiad, Med-link, STEM events and enrichment activities.
Application to competitive universities is about more than excellent grades. You must make an informed choice regarding subjects that you want to pursue, understand the competitive selection process and systems, submit a polished application and excel at interview. The Sixth Form Academy aims to help you with all of the above.
Seren: Supporting Wales’ Brightest Programme
NPTC Group of Colleges is part of the Seren: Supporting Wales Brightest Programme designed to support Wales’ top performing students achieve their academic potential and gain access to leading universities.
As part of the hub, students will have access to:
- Provision of Super Curricular Activities
- A peer group of high achieving students
- Links to top universities, university students and graduates from similar backgrounds.
Through the Seren Hub we can offer additional practical help and guidance that they need throughout the application process. This will prove advantageous when applying for top Universities. It also provides such a great opportunity to be part of a network of like minded students who share similar goals.