Determined Health and Social Care Student off to Uni

NPTC Red & Black logo

NPTC Group of Colleges Health and Social Care student Saphiya Purja Pen, 21 from Brecon is leaving Brecon Beacons College after achieving an outstanding triple distinction star (D*D*D*) which the equivalent to 3 A* at A Level and will go on to study Social Work at Bath University.

During the summer of 2016, Saphiya showcased her determination when she went to Nepal for work experience and helped build and set up a school, in the village of Pawdar.  Whilst there, she encountered a road that was covered by a landslide, but she persevered and walked it every day.

Reflecting on her time at College and further proving that strength of will to succeed she said:

“I have really enjoyed the course and College experience, although it was challenging, I put in a lot of hard work. Sometimes I would stay in college until 8 pm to get my work done.”

If you are interested in a career in health, Social and Childcare then it’s not too late to apply for September.  Contact Brecon Beacons College on Tel: 01686 614400 Afan College on Tel: 01639 6489200 or Newtown on Tel: 01686 614200.