This section contains information regarding the management of teaching and learning within the institution including mechanisms for reviewing and ensuring the quality of teaching provided.
This class includes information on the term dates for the current academic year as well as future academic years (as far as is known).
7.2 Further Course Information
This class includes information relating to particular schools and departments, also information relating to programmes and qualifications.
- Term dates
- Structure of courses
- Qualification gained
- Changing courses
- Work experience.
7.3 Information on Internal Procedures for Assuring Academic Quality and Standards
This class should include information about the institution’s internal quality audit programmes and annual review. It should also include information on the FE College’s internal procedures for assuring academic quality and standards.
Examples of the type of information in this class include:
a) Information on programme approval, monitoring and review:
- Programme specifications
- Annual monitoring and review processes
- Accreditation and monitoring reports by professional, statutory or regulatory bodies.
b) Information on assessment procedures and outcomes:
- Assessment strategies, processes and procedures
- The range and nature of student work.
c) Information on student satisfaction with their College experience, covering the views of students on:
- Arrangements for academic and tutorial guidance, support and supervision
- Library services and IT support
- Suitability of accommodation, equipment and facilities for teaching and learning
- Perceptions of the quality of teaching and the range of teaching and learning methods
- Assessment arrangements
- Quality of pastoral support.
d) Information and evidence available to teams undertaking internal reviews of quality and standards in relation to:
- The effectiveness of teaching and learning, in relation to programme aims and curriculum content as they evolve over time
- The range of teaching methods used
- The availability and use of specialist equipment and other resources and materials to support teaching and learning
- Staff access to professional development to improve teaching performance, including peer observation and mentoring programmes
- The use of external benchmarking and other comparators.
7.4 Staffing Structure of Schools/Departments
This class should include information about staff roles within schools and departments, together with organisational charts. Examples of the type of information in this class include:
- Job titles of academic staff and support staff
- Contact details for each school/department.
7.5 Student Assessment Strategy
This class should include information on the regulations and/or policy governing student assessment. Examples of the type of information in this class include:
- Examination periods
- Examination regulations
- Appeal procedures
- Policy on plagiarism
- External examination bodies.
7.6 Tuition Fees
This class should include information relating to tuition fees for UK students, EU students and other international students, including information on when tuition fees will be payable and how to pay. Examples of the type of information in this class include:
- Information for home/EU students
- Information for international students
- Information on other charges.