Are you interested in Gardening and Horticulture training?
This qualification will support roles such as a gardener, landscaper or groundsman.
At Pathways Training we deliver apprenticeships in horticulture that will give learners a nationally recognised qualification. Learners will develop skills in the workplace and attend college one day a week for up to 2 years.
- Ground keeping
- Nursery production
Subjects may include grounds maintenance, propagation, site development and planting, machinery use and maintenance.
Subjects may include plant and soil science, management, grounds maintenance, maintain and monitor landscape projects, use of ornamental plants, planned plant propagation, nursery management.
- Diploma in Work-Based Horticulture
- ESW Communication Skills
- ESW Application of Number Skills
- ESW Digital Literacy Skills
Learners must be:
- Living or working in Wales
- Employed for at least 16 hours each week throughout the apprenticeship
All learners must undertake an initial assessment.
What will the qualification lead to?
After completing the Apprenticeship learners can progress onto:
- Apply for roles such as a gardener or supervisor for botanic gardens, parks and urban green spaces
- Progress onto the Level 4 Higher Apprenticeship in Horticulture